Conditions Report: Tuesday, March 24th 2020, 3:05 pm

Good morning shredders! Here is your daily dose of Mt. Bachelor conditions:

** Operations Suspended Until Further Notice **

We have continued to monitor the dynamic and unprecedented COVID-19 public health crisis and, as a result of the unfolding events surrounding it, our team has made the determination to extend the suspension of our resort operations. This means we are closed for now but, while we cannot underestimate the extreme fluidity of our current situation, our goal is to reopen as soon as we can.

With this announcement, we are also canceling all winter / spring Mt. Bachelor events. We were all looking forward to delivering memorable experiences through our Sunchaser Spring events, including the 10 Barrel Hella Big Air, Subaru Winterfest, Big Wave Challenge, and of course hosting the second annual RendezVan festival. These events will be back next season, and we can confirm that the Woodward Peace Park Championships will take place at Mt. Bachelor in spring 2021.

Given the extenuating circumstances related to COVID-19, we have modified our cancellation policies and our Mt. Bachelor Central Reservations team can be reached via text at 541-382-1709 or email at with questions and changes. With the cancellation of RendezVan 2020, all RendezVan RV and camping reservations will be refunded within seven days and no further action is needed. We anticipate heavy activity over the next several days and appreciate your patience as we work hard to respond to all inquiries.

We continue to share the same belief as many of you – that spending time in the mountains, enjoying nature and the outdoors is important to leading a fulfilling life, and this is why we will continue to monitor the situation with the hope of being able to resume operations when the COVID-19 threat subsides.

We realize this decision will be disappointing to many, but this is a serious public health crisis and closing our operations for now is the best thing we can do to help stop the spread of COVID-19. During this time, we encourage everyone to do their part to enable social distancing, an important step to mitigate the risks associated with COVID-19.

Our ultimate goal is for us all to have a healthy return to the mountains, to ski, ride, bike and play after this situation improves. We thank you for your patience and understanding in this situation. Please stay safe so that we may enjoy more days adventuring and doing what we love with those we love for many years to come.

Uphill Travel Policy

Mt. Bachelor’s uphill travel policy has been an ongoing question within the alpine touring community of Central OR. As of today, March 18, 2020, our full closure remains in effect through March 22 while we continue to evaluate operations in response to our rapidly changing environment. We are giving all scenarios our strongest consideration and if we can find a solution that properly balances staff safety, skier safety, resort liability, and the regulatory environment while providing a valuable service to our snow-loving community, we will revise our policy beyond March 22, 2020. 

Mt. Bachelor operates on public land under a special use permit issued and administered by the United States Forest Service. Under this permit Mt. Bachelor maintains the authority to control access to all land within the permit area, up to, and including a complete closure. For the everyone’s safety, please respect our decision to temporarily close the permit area to public access as maintenance operations will continue to take place during the shutdown. Any violation of this closure will result in reporting to local law enforcement agencies. 

We appreciate working together as a community. Let’s continue to work together and be adaptable and compassionate and we’ll get through this together, stronger.

COVID-19 Public Update


Snowfall Data West Village

snowfall_since_3_pm 4
snowfall_last_24_hours 4
snowfall_last_3_days 0
snowfall_last_7_days 4
snowfall_season 271

Snowfall Data Mid Mountain

snowfall_since_3_pm 4
snowfall_last_24_hours 4
snowfall_last_3_days 0
snowfall_last_7_days 4
snowfall_season 283

Weather Sensor Data

time Mar 24, 2020 03:00 PM
sunrise-temp 21.4
pine-temp 20.69
northwest-temp 19.33
pine-rh 97
sunrise-wind-avg 8
sunrise-wind-max 27
sunrise-wind-dir 266
pine-wind-avg 14
pine-wind-max 29
pine-wind-dir 278
northwest-wind-avg 30
northwest-wind-max 49
northwest-wind-dir 288

Weather data, conditions quote, and webcam images are from the lovely folks at